It’s that time of year again, folks! It’s time for the Rogue annual piercing gift guide, where we show you all the options you have for the piercing lover in your life. And if that piercing lover is yourself, then who are we to judge?
The run up to Christmas can be a difficult time for independent businesses – Who are we to compete with the big box stores and online retailers like Amazon? If you can, always support local businesses. High quality, ethical piercing studios are the lifeblood of this industry. Support us however you can, as we will always be here to help you feel at home in your body. Whether that be through purchasing jewellery, booking for piercings, bringing us your piercings to troubleshoot, we are always here to help in ways that big retailers or chain piercing shops simply can’t.
We’ll talk you through some options for a few different piercing placements, and some more general options as well.
Piercing Gift Cards
The quickest, easiest, and sometimes the most thoughtful thing you can do as part of your piercing gift guide is to purchase a gift card. We know, gift cards have a bit of a reputation… But buying a gift card at Rogue is more like buying someone a personalised service than it is an item – Being able to come in, work with the team, get a piercing or choose your own personal piercing upgrades is a really epic gift. Don’t snub it just because!
Within the realm of gift cards – Did you know that you can use gift cards to place custom orders through Rogue with all of your favourite brands? If your partner, sibling, mum, dad, or any other loved one has been yearning after a particular piece of jewellery, or wanted something that we stocked that has since sold, then getting them a gift card to use as part or all of a custom order is probably the sweetest thing you can do!
You can read all about custom orders HERE.
Buying jewellery is kind of like buying someone perfume – It is really difficult to capture who they are as a person and get them something that they truly love! But if you know the person well, and you get them something that they adore, then… There is literally no better feeling in the world. So if you think you can nail it, absolutely go for it!
You can buy jewellery from Rogue a couple of different ways – Firstly, you can do it in-person under the expert guidance of our jewellery specialists by booking a Jewellery Consultation here. That way you can bring reference photos, inspiration, and generally help us figure out the perfect gift to match their vibe.
You can also purchase our entire jewellery collection online! Simply head to our WEBSTORE and scroll through our vast array of options, with in-depth descriptions on sizing, gemstones, and pricing available at your fingertips. You can also click HERE to find an excellent guide on how to get the best out of our online shop!
Piercing Gift Guide – Lobe Piercings
Lobe piercings are really, really versatile. There are so many ways to style them! See the above slideshow for some inspiration on how you can purchase for your loved one. Some of our favourites are:
- BVLA ‘Afghan’ Threadless End – These are super cute and work in first, second or third lobes.
- Anatometal ‘Tiny Quadbead’ Threadless End – Really versatile, so they will definitely match in with their style!
- Inari Organics ‘3 Gem Arc Cluster’ Threadless End – Super sparkly, and we love how they curve to match the curve of the ear.
- BVLA ‘Mini Moon’ Threadless End – The cutest things in the world – We love these as dainty additions in second or third lobes.
Piercing Gift Guide – Nose Piercings
Nose piercings are quite personal – The choices go far beyond ‘ring or stud!’ If your loved one is a ring person, we always recommend booking them in for a checkup where we can measure and fit the right size for them, unless you know the exact size they need. You might be able to do this by sneaking a ring out of their collection and bringing it to us to be measured… Studs however, are a little bit more straightforward. Especially if they already wear threadless (push-fit) jewellery!
We personally love…
- Neometal ‘Forte’ Ends – These are packed with sparkle in such a small space!
- Inari Organics ‘Synthetic Opal’ Ends – Super low-profile, and available in a tonne of cute colours.
- Anatometal ’18k Prongs‘ – The CLASSIC nose piercing look. Available in a tonne of different sizes, too!
- Flux Jewellery 18k Seam Rings – Again, a really classic look for those people who adore nose rings and need a little bit of luxury in their lives.
Piercing Gift Guide – Cartilage Piercings
Cartilage piercings are a really fun place to buy jewellery! They tend to be versatile placements where a lot of different ends will look really cool. You can do either lots of gems and sparklies, or keep it relatively toned back!
Our recommendations are:
- Neometal ‘Trinity’ Ends – Super sparkly and pack a punch in a very small space!
- BVLA ‘Amity’ Ends – These are so incredibly popular. If you want to win at Christmas, here is your ticket…
- Anatometal ‘Hera’ Ends – We love how intricate these are! Plus, being circular they always look good and never need to be adjusted.
- BVLA ‘Pyramid Stud’ Ends – Bringing back punk, but make it fancy! These look epic in helix and tragus piercings.
- BVLA ‘Slasher’ Ends – Again, keeping it cool. Who doesn’t want a tiny sword in their ear??
- Neometal ‘Flower’ Ends – Adorable, big, and available in a tonne of different colours. What could go wrong?
- BVLA ‘Live to Tell’ Ends – These are the cutest. Available in a tonne of styles and sizes, these look perfect in conch piercings!
Thank you for reading! We will be back again next week with more piercing related awesomeness.
See you next week!